Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Hope This Clears The Air !

Finally I am in the final year of engineering. Last three years went by too fast. My class of 60 students (I don’t have the count of how many couldn’t make to fourth year. We started off with 60 of us, so I always feel we are still 60) have different plans for their future.

Few want to study the extension of what they are studying now (I wonder what is making them do so). Few want to work (are a little doubtful if they will get one). Few think they will make good MBAs (I personally feel we are all managers of something or the other. Only we don’t wear a sophisticated tie, a tucked in shirt under a heavy blazer). The last group is of those who say “I don’t know. I haven’t decided yet.” To which comes the reply from the questioner, with a declaration and not a question mark, “oh, you want to get married” (but Karthik, it’s you who is showing such traits: P).

Believe me it leaves me mute. How can my indecisiveness be tantamount to wanting to get married? It reminds me of a friend (shubhangini) who once shot a very smart reply – marriage is not my ambition – to a teacher who said “you have to get married.”

So, now I am racking my brain to find an answer, other than “not decided”, that would not mislead my fellow mates for thinking otherwise. Till then all I can say is “ look, I am not going to do GRE, I don’t want to be an MBA, so far people who can employ me haven’t employed me but all that will still not make me nothing.”

P.S: I don’t know if there is any other category of planners in the class. And I won’t get through any written test because they are jinxed for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i haven't decided what i can do in my life either.
an MBA for me, isn't to become a manager, but to open opportunities,to widen the career paths i can choose.

after 4 years of engineering i don't so much feel i have really done anything, or learned anything. i don't feel like this suits me.

maybe its just the fact that i wasn't trained by inspiring lecturers who could've imbibed some interest.

but with nothing else to do, mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

may u find purpose.

fireyourinspiration said...

im confident now that the volcano is goin to erupt ull decide ur career now im sure#########

hope that these kind of post's ll accelerate the thoughts in at least final year student's to decide, Wat's there future? hope every one fly in skies rather than plodding on ground.

Purple_Fuse said...

youll figure out something honey dont worry... by the end of the day ...when all our teeth would have been fallen then we'll all realize we are humans the aimless living creatures who could think.....

suhani said...

@destiny
darling i want to figure out things before my all my teeth fall out. :)