Saturday, July 26, 2008

human vs human

The moment Omar Abdullah began his emotional, justified and humane speech; words feel out of my mouth “he must be giving complex to other MPs”. He was a delight to hear.

The Indian politician’s are always seen as (by us) good-for-nothing people, but 25th july's great Indian political drama saw few good-for-a-lot politicians. To enter politics, in India, you do not require a degree or a kind mind to serve the public but a crook mind and few henchmen to fool and hew the gullible public.( I always wonder why do not we have an iitian, who slogged day-night to be one, on the Prime Minister’s chair. They have done enough for the Silicon Valley).

Exceptions are always there. Omar Abdullah’s Oxford graduate degree might only be a testimony to his rational and intelligent thinking but his trust vote day speech surely can fetch him a can-serve-the public certificate. (I do not much follow politics. There may have been previous such speeches by him, but for me this was the first)

His declaration “I am a Muslim and I am an Indian” was a fresh breath of air in this country, where you are considered a true son of soil only if you declare “I am an Indian” and forgo mentioning your religion. Is it fear or seeking “son-of-soil” label method or genuine feeling, I do not know.

5 comments:

surabhi said...

Its all ridiculous .... I am Indian I am muslim .. where did this minister representing Srinagar constituency of Jammu and Kashmir was when Amarnath yatris were killed, terrorised just becuase shirien board gave them place to stay in Srinagar ???

fireyourinspiration said...

i don no the fact's but it was a great try!!!!!!!!and last few lines were stupendous and its a great issue on which u have worked y not on darkness,,,,,,, which is ignored about
cast system and reservation's given to them (r v really democratic?)

suhani said...

@kartik
i didn't really get what topics you are trying to tell..

fireyourinspiration said...

what i meant was when we r dividing society into different cast's and dividing them again for reservation's
and pointing out at each person about his state in different field's

Rajasekhar said...

What makes Indians proud is the multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-cultural nature of our country, and yet we discriminate and fight because of these very reasons. The world needs to get together to fight more serious global issues... good post in the end ..