If Reliance made cell phones accessible to all (even if it meant only for incoming), Chetan Bhagat made novel reading hobby an activity for all.
Initially there was only a section of people who would be found, in the bus, holding a mature novel but now any Tom, Dick and Harry is spotted with a chetan bhagat brand.( no offence to the author. I am only trying to show the revolution he has brought)
His third book ‘three mistakes of my life’ is nothing but a remake of five point someone. No, not exactly. There are differences. There I met Alok, Hari and Ryan where as here I was introduced to Govind, omi and Ishaan. FPS narrated life of three students in iit, Delhi where as Three mistakes (excuse my laziness to type the complete title) is about three young bekaar turned businessmen. To make the book different, the highly qualified author has added religion and cricket to this new released. Ok. I think I am criticizing the book a lill too much. The first half is interesting than the second half. In the second half someone who has read FPS can predict the lines of next page. On the whole, I wouldn’t say it is a book that should be recommended for teens but a book that would be liked by teens!
P.S: every comparison refers only to India and Indians. And chetan bhagat is lucky! (Only few of my people will understand this last comment :) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I also believe that chetan bhagat sort of books are read by every tom dick and harry.......but the good thing is at least people who never read books have started reading...
Totally true, I have rarely seen people reading novels but I have seen atleast 5 instances of people holding Chetan Bhagat books anywhere in public (esp. 3MoML) and I was recommended by many more...
I read 2 of his books, and both of them have not left any great impression on me. I didn't read FPS and not even looking forward to reading it. Maybe people like it because of the Indianized english and some elements like that.. but seriously I found nothing special in these books.
Yeah. He has created a reading sensation in India. But I hope people will move on to other books too ... his books are simply a text version of Bollywood movies.
@anonymous
who are u? gautami?
Post a Comment